I have missed Hooray Thursday last week but I’m glad to share it with you today!
Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little fulfilling effects you never really expected, but always take great pleasure in. They are the gifts of life we should all benefit from. Let’s celebrate some of the most satisfying simple pleasures life has to offer.
- Finding Money You Didn’t Know You Had: You reach into your pocket and find a hundred peso bill from the last time you wore those jeans. You aren’t rich, but you are richer than you were a second earlier.
- Sleeping In on a Rainy Day: As the rain beats lightly against the window, you nestle your head deeper into your pillow. The sound is calming and your bed feels like a safe haven. There’s no place you would rather be.
- Receiving a Real Letter or Package via Snail Mail: Email and SMS have become the primary sources of written communication. Most snail mail these days is junk mail. When you check the mail and find a real letter or package from someone you know, excitement overtakes you as you tear into this rare gift.
- Telling a Funny or Interesting, True Story: One of the most enticing roles you lead in life is that of the storyteller. You love to share stories, especially those that will captivate your audience with deep curiosity and humor.
- Hearing the Right Song at the Right Moment: It doesn’t matter what the setting is, hearing the right song in the right moment instantly lifts your spirits. You could be going home from work, hanging out at a bar with friends, or jogging. When the right song rattles your eardrums, the entire meaning of life seems crystal clear.
- The First Sip of a Beverage When You’re Thirsty: You just finished an errand out in the city or taking a long jog. The only thing on your mind is an ice-cold glass of water. When you’re really, really thirsty, that first sip of any cold liquid beverage is sheer bliss.
- Realizing You Have More Time to Sleep: Something abruptly awakens you and you think it’s time to get up. Then you squint over at your alarm clock and realize you still have two more hours to sleep. A warm, euphoric feeling shoots through your body as you glide gracefully back to your dreams.
- The Feeling You Get When Your Idea Works: You have been struggling to resolve a complex problem all day and you just can’t seem to get it right. Filled with frustration, you decide to exercise one last idea before calling it a night. You’ve had many ideas before that failed miserably… but this time it works.
- Fresh, Clean Bed Sheets: Everything seems so fresh and clean, those gives you that good and relax feeling. You just want to lie in bed and cuddle your soft pillow. Bliss.
- Receiving an Unexpected Compliment: It’s been an average day. Nothing really great has happened, but nothing terrible occurred either. This monotonous day has put you in a dreary mood. Unexpectedly, an office-mate complimented your hair. The day just got a whole lot better.
*Thanks Brian for the picture layout.*
*Article courtesy of Care2.com
Hope to share more of life’s simple pleasures with you guys!